Applications for the 2019 scholarship program will be available in late December. The deadline to apply is April 24, 2019.
Nearly $70,000 in scholarships awarded
The Cuivre River Electric Community Trust Board is funding a record amount of college scholarships in 2018.
This year, 70 students from the cooperative’s four-county service area are receiving scholarships totaling $69,750.
This is the largest amount of scholarship money awarded in a single year through the Operation Round Up program. More than 140 applications were submitted. Last year, $52,500 in scholarships was awarded to 70 students.
The Trust Board has awarded 2,165 scholarships totaling $1.1 million since 1997, its founding year. The scholarships have been used for undergraduate students attending accredited universities or technical schools and students seeking to continue their education.
To be eligible for consideration, students must live in the Cuivre River Electric Cooperative service area and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 while attending undergraduate courses at an accredited university or technical school. Applicants are also asked to provide an official transcript and two letters of recommendation, write a narrative to highlight their academic achievements and state their career goals, and demonstrate a financial need. The scholarship may also be used for adult continuing education courses in their career fields.
Scholarships are awarded each June. The next application deadline is April 24, 2019.
Scholarship funds are donated by Cuivre River Electric members who participate in Operation Round Up by rounding up their electric bill payments each month to the next highest dollar. The funds, administered by a seven-member volunteer Cuivre River Electric Community Trust Board, are available to help individuals, families and organizations.
The goal of Operation Round Up is to help address needs in the areas of health, education, home weatherization, youth, community and emergency services that cannot be met with other resources.
For more information on Operation Round Up, call 636-695-4837 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to announce that 2,095 Cuivre River Electric Community Trust Scholarships, totaling $1,032,500 have been awarded to students in our communities since the scholarship program began in 1997.
Cuivre River Electric Community Trust Scholarships are available to undergraduate and continuing education students. Recipients are selected on the basis of educational commitment and financial need.
The scholarships are made possible because of our members who participate in Operation Round Up, a program in which our members voluntarily round their power bill up to the nearest whole dollar and the change is used to make big differences in people’s lives.
Scholarships are awarded once a year.
- Applicant must permanently reside in Lincoln, Pike, St. Charles or Warren counties in Missouri.
- Funds are for on-campus expenses only. This includes tuition, books and campus housing.
- Individual scholarships will be awarded in an amount not to exceed $1,000 per academic year and $2,500 per academic career.
- Scholarships are not renewable, but recipients are encouraged to reapply until the reach the $2,500 maximum award.
- Scholarships must be applied to one semester (they cannot be divided between two or more semesters).
- Scholarships are available for up to six months from award date.
- Scholarships are available for undergraduate and continuing education students ONLY.
- Scholarships are not available for tuition to private grade schools or high schools, or for graduate students.